Wednesday, December 28, 2011

No Turning Back


Over the next couple weeks i started to make a different kind of scrapbook. This was more like a journal. The kool- aid voice was right, i had never read a real book. In fact i didn't even know the difference between fiction and non-fiction.
When i did go to the library or book store i wandered around until i found a book with a pretty cover. Then i would read the inside flap and if the book didn't hold my interest in the first couple of paragraphs i just put it back.

I know alot of you really successful writers will just think of me as uneducated and shocking and maybe even vulgar, but when you were going to college and getting your degree i was home having babies and making diner.
And before you say" well what about elementary school" in that hands to pearl necklace kind of way. Let me say just this, im the oldest of seven children in a Latin family. This means while most kids were in bed until their moms woke them up for school, i was up at 5am making my fathers lunch for work and taking care of my brothers and sister while my mother was in the hospital having another sibling.
Remember im the oldest of 7, this also meant i missed alot of school.
By the time high school came the kool-aid was being served.

More determined than ever i did not let this stop me, in fact i was all the more hell bent on doing this writing thing. So with my journal in hand i made a list of likes and dislikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment